Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Sam Dunstan: Greatest hits and memories..

And so I find myself back in London. Upon departing Prague, I put an official end to my life on the run. Back in London, I underwent immediate mullet surgery which, to the relief of many, was a success. I climbed back into my suit, choked myself with a tie and went off a-huntin' jobs. For those who are still unaware, I eventually accepted a gig with Deloitte's London office and, crazily enough, I'm looking forward to getting back into it. No, really.

There's no way I could have avoided employment as long as I did without help from a few people. Thanks to them I was shown the seedy city underbellies, fiercely protected local secrets and, frequently, the bottom of a beer glass. Shoutouts and props have to go to Mike and Sarah at White street in Lilyfield, Heather in LA, Hannah and Tamer in NY, Dylan Sean and Carla in London, Erin and Mar in Barcelona, Tom in Sweden, Cade and Gervase in London, Amanda everywhere(!), Peter and Sarah in Dusseldorg, Kat and Mat in Berlin, Kazzy baby in Amsterdam, Tha Dutch touch (Erik and Nielsy) in Propperland, Zarvan and M in Berlin, Larissa David and Peter in London and Archie - the mad statistician from Prague.

I'm now residing in Brick Lane in the East End of London. If you're in London, come visit me... I'll be glad to play host for a change!

My mailing address is:
Sam Dunstan esq.
2/112a Cheshire Street
East London
England

Top 5's (not ordered! Also, not always top 5's):

Food:
1) Lobster chowder from the Chelsea market in NY
2) Fresh porcini mushroom and chestnut soup a la Cade (sourced from Borough Market in London)
3) Mar's escalivada in Barcelona (yes Mar, I'm doing my best to copy it..)

Music:
1) Theo Parrish serving up soul and dreamy techno at APT in the meatpacking district, NY
2) Trans Am in Nolita, NY
3) Wolfmother and Cut Copy at Cargo in London
4) The violin ensemble at Municipal House, Prague
5) Virtuoso composer, Tom Dunstan on live electronics in Pitea, Sweden

Sights:
1) The eerie northen lights at midnight in Pitea, Sweden
2) 20,000 people running around getting their kicks at Razzamatazz nightclub in Barcelona
3) The view of Prague from the Charles Bridge at sunset, sans construction work
4) All of New York at all times

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home